Just like we encourage you to take a look at your beauty cabinet and toss toxic ingredients, we also believe in investigating what’s in your fridge and throwing out the processed nonsense. And, please, just because something is healthy does not mean it’s not fun. Blueberry mojitos, anyone? Or how about a vibrant, colorful breakfast bowl? This is the tasty stuff a happy, well-rounded life is made of.
To help refresh your routine in the kitchen, we’ve outlined some of our favorite recipes that call upon D.E.’s powerful, natural ingredients below.
Blueberry extract is used in our creamy Pekee Bar — and also in this delicious mojito
Virgin Blueberry Mojito
- 8-10 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon good quality maple syrup
- ⅓ cup organic, no sugar added blueberry juice
- ½ cup club soda
- Frozen blueberries, for garnish
It's an important component of our TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum and of a gorgeous breakfast bowl.
- 1 handful frozen raspberries
- 1 chopped up banana
- 1 cup fresh Apple juice
- 1 soaked medjool date
- 1 tsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
Sunflower + Pumpkin
Sunflower Shoot Extract shows up in Umbra Sheer Physical Defense, while pumpkin works wonders on your skin tone in the C-Firma Day Serum.
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes (also called sunchokes)*
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 7 cups (or more) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground white pepper
- Shelled pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Pumpkin seed oil (optional)
- Sautéed chanterelle mushrooms (optional garnish)