A love as big as Texas
Regarding recovery efforts here in Houston, we are helping in various ways as much as we can both personally, and as a company. I think the real need will come after the dust settles, but for now, outside of volunteering and donating food and clothing, we will be giving immediately to the following organizations. We hope this list will make it easier for you to explore every avenue to give back.
- The United Way: Text UWFLOOD to 41444 to donate to the United Way Flood Relief Fund
- The Salvation Army ; Hurricane Harvey relief efforts can be made at helpsalvationarmy.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
- The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund ; Set up by Houston's mayor, Sylvester Turner, and administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
- The Houston Humane Society ; To help animals suffering from this disaster.
- the Houston Texans ; A fund-raising page set up by J. J. Watt of with a goal of $1 million.
On a personal note: the kindness I’ve witnessed from people all over, including my own children, is so encouraging and inspiring. We have family members who have lost everything, but as a city we are coming together, just like the family we are, and we will be fine. Houston has a good head on its shoulders and seems to understand that material things are just things. It’s lives that matter, and I know we will come back stronger than before. Some of us can give huge dollar amounts, others can give only one dollar, others can only offer their prayers and we remain sensitive to that. All are equally important. Everyone has something to give and the entire Drunk Elephant team will be giving in every way we can until Houston is whole again. I’ve loved Houston for 48 years, and I’ve never been more proud to call this city home.
Leave a Reply