Learn more about Slaai™More About Me
Slaai™ is an innovative cleansing balm that melts all traces of dirt, makeup and sunscreen from skin. Gentle enough to be used around the eye area, it quickly transforms from oil to milk upon contact with water. Skin compatible Slaai™ effortlessly removes even water-resistant formulations and is free of PEGs and essential oils.
Formulated with clean, antioxidant-rich fruit extracts and oils to help soothe, plus a nourishing African oil blend of marula, baobob, kalahari melon, mongongo and ximenia, Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser cleanses and moisturizes without any irritants or sensitizers.
Designed to be used on dry skin, Slaai™ removes excess oil, grime and makeup from skin. Adding water activates Slaai™ into a milk that rinses away cleanly, leaving behind a dewy glow.
Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser is a unique formulation that must be applied to a dry face with dry hands to begin melting impurities away.
100% Free of essential oils, silicones, fragrance and PEGs. Irritant-free.
PM: On dry skin, use dry fingertips to massage Slaai™ over face and eyes. Add water to activate, rinse well with warm water and pat dry. May also be removed with a soft, damp cloth.
AM: (optional) 1-2 times per week, add our Bamboo Booster™ to Slaai™ for a customized, skin-refining physical exfoliation to aid in the removal of dead skin cells that have accumulated on the surface overnight. Avoid the eye area when using the exfoliating booster.
Tip: If using retinol, we recommend avoiding Bamboo Booster™, or using with caution, as it can be too much for skin.
- nourishing fruit salad blend: a mix of non-fragrant soothing fruit extracts (blueberry, kiwi and strawberry) and replenishing fruit oils (cranberry seed oil, acai fruit oil and watermelon seed oil) that helps comfort + moisturize skin.
- marula seed oil: a moisturizing oil, high in antioxidants and omegas 6 and 9., that preserves and nourishes your skin while restoring its youthful glow.
- baobob seed oil: super-penetrating oil that intensely softens and helps dissolve makeup with its high fatty acid content and deep moisturizing properties.
- kalahari melon seed oil: lightweight oil that soothes while moisturizing and restoring elasticity.
- mongongo oil: has a fatty acid profile as rich as coconut oil that protects the vital lipids in skin as it melts dirt and other impurities from skin.
- ximenia oil: rich in vitamin c and is very nourishing and moisturizing.
Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Lauryl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-3 Laurate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Glycerin
- Bamboo Booster™: bamboo + charcoal powder tiny, ultra-fine bamboo spheres that gently exfoliate away built-up dead, dry skin.
Ingredients: Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Charcoal Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Potassium Sorbate
Animal Fats/Oils/Musks, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzophenone, Bisphenol A (BPA), Butoxyethanol, BHA, BHT, Chemical Sunscreens, Coal Tar Dyes, 1,4-Dioxane, -Cones, Detergent, Essential Oils, EDTA, Ethanolamines (MEA/DEA/TEA), Formaldehyde, Fragrance, Hydroquinone, Liquid Paraffin, Liquid Petrolatum, Methyl Cellosolve, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mercury, Mercury Compounds, Mineral Oil, Oxybenzone, Parabens, Paraffin Oil, Phthalates, Polyethylene Glycol (PEGs), Resorcinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Siloxanes, Sulfates, Thimerosal, Toluene, Triclosan, Triclocarban
Cruelty-Free. Recycle for Earth's Sake. Supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).
The Drunk Elephant Difference
Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the skin’s health or support the integrity and effectiveness of our formulations. We never take into account an ingredient’s synthetic or natural status, but instead choose based on its biocompatibility. You won’t find what we call the “Suspicious 6” in our products (Essential Oils, Drying Alcohols, Silicones, Chemical Screens, Fragrance/Dyes and SLS,) making them, in our opinion, appropriate for all skin. We believe that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue we see. When formulating the products, we focus on pH levels and safety, and always making sure that the active ingredients are at efficacious levels. This is the Drunk Elephant difference. Learn More.